Capsule hooks are used for temporary support of the capsular bag during cataract surgery when the zonules are weak or in case of subluxated lenses.
- Capsule hooks are made of Nylon with an adjustable silicon lock
- Designed such that the hook is angled to be in the plane of the anterior capsule
- Easy to get a firm and reliable grip on the rim
- Tip of the hook is rounded to prevent any accidental damage to the peripheral capsule while placing the hooks in the bag
- The round tip also provides a larger support area per hook thereby reducing the number of hooks required in each surgery
- Silicon lock helps in retaining the hook in the retracted position during the surgery